Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Spacious Place - Series Review 102611

Living in the Spacious Place – Series Recap

Definition: 2 Samuel 22: 20a He brought me out into a spacious place… It is a place that is worry free, not care free. It is like the place of the 23rd Psalms.

Sermon #1
 David said God lifts us up out of terrible situations. 2 Sam 22:17, 18, 20- 17 He reached down from on high and took hold of; he drew me out of deep waters. 19 He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. 20 He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me…
 David said you must live according to God’s word. 2 Sam. 22:22-24 - 22 For I have kept the ways of the Lord; I have not done evil by turning from my God. 23 All his laws are before me I have turned away from his decrees. 24 I have been blameless before him and have kept myself from sin.
 David said then you will live in the spacious place God has prepared for you. 2 Sam 22:25, 20 - The Lord has rewarded me according to my righteousness, according to my cleanness in his sight. 20 He brought me to a spacious place…

Sermon #2
 David said God equips you to live in the spacious place. 2 Sam 22:33-36 - 33 – 36 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory; you stoop down to make me great.
 David said God energizes you to live in the spacious place. 2 Sam 22:3-40, 43 - 37 – 40, 43 You broaden the path beneath me so that my ankles do not turn. I pursued my enemies and crushed them; I did not turn back till they were destroyed. I crushed them completely and they could not rise they fell beneath my feet. I beat them as fine as the dust of the earth; I pounded and trampled them like mud in the streets.
 David said God embraces you with grace and favor as you praise him in the spacious place. 2 Sam 22:47, 50-51 - The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior. 50 Therefore I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing praises to your name. 51 He gives his king great victories; he shows unfailing kindness to his anointed, to David and his descendants forever.”

Sermon #3
 Moses said God will deal with you and I differently in the spacious place of Goshen. Ex. 8:22 22 “‘But on that day I will deal differently with the land of Goshen, where my people live; no swarms of flies will be there, so that you will know that I, the LORD, am in this land. …
 Moses said God will make a distinction between us and unbelievers; citizens of Goshen vs. citizens of Egypt. Ex. 8:23 -3 I will make a distinction between my people and your people. This sign will occur tomorrow.’”
 Moses said God will do exactly what he said he would do…quicker than we think. Ex. 8:24 - and the LORD did this. Dense swarms of flies poured into Pharaoh’s palace and into the houses of his officials; throughout Egypt the land was ruined by the flies.

Sermon #4
 Abraham chose to trust God so God gave him more, even though he had a lot. Gen. 13:2, 15 - Vs 2, 15 Abram had become very wealthy in livestock and in silver and gold. All the land that you see I will give to you and your offspring…
 Living in the Spacious Place is a choice. Gen. 13:8-9 - vs. 8, 9 So Abram said to Lot, Let’s not have any quarreling between you and me, or between your herdsmen and mine, for we are brothers. Is not the whole land before you? Let’s part company. If you go to the left, I’ll go to the right; if you go to the right, I’ll go to the left.”
 When you choose to put God in the center of your choice, God blows you up. That’s what Abraham did. Gen. 13:14-15 - 14, 15 The Lord said to Abram after Lot had parted from him, “Lift up your eyes from where you are and look north and couth, east and west. All the land that you see I will give to you and your offspring…

Sermon #5
 Jesus is the master chef at my natural table when I am famished. Matt 15:32 32 Jesus called his disciples to him and said, I have compassion for these people they have already been with me three days and have nothing eat. I do not want to send them away hungry, or they may collapse on the way.
 Jesus makes a meal for me no matter my status. Matt 15:34 - vs. 34 How many loaves do you have? Jesus asked.
 Jesus turns my sharing and participation into a miracle. Matt 15:35 35, 36 He told the crowd to sit down on the ground. 36 Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and they in turn to the people.

Sermon #6
 Isaac replanted during a famine and God turned scarcity into a spacious place of hundred-fold. Gen. 26:1, 12 - (vs. 1, 12) Now there was a famine in the land—besides the earlier famine of Abraham’s time—and Isaac went to Abimelech king of the Philistines in Gerar. Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the Lord blessed him.
 Isaac had to remove himself from haters once the Lord blessed him. Gen. 26:16 - 16) Then Abimelech said to Isaac, “Move away from us; you have become too powerful for us.”
 Isaac had to redig and reclaim God’s blessings – Gen. 26:18 - 18) Isaac reopened the wells that had been dug in the time of his father Abraham…
 Isaac had to rename and reframe his wells – Gen. 26:20 - 20, 21, 22) Isaac servants dug in the valley and discovered a well of fresh water 20 but the herdsman quarreled over it…
 Isaac made it to Rehoboth – his spacious place. – Gen 26:22- He named it Rehoboth saying God has made room for me and will make the land fruitful.

Sermon #7
 Isaac did not doubt when it was dry. Gen. 26:1, 12 - (vs. 1, 12) Now there was a famine in the land—besides the earlier famine of Abraham’s time—and Isaac went to Abimelech king of the Philistines in Gerar. Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the Lord blessed him.
 Isaac made sure he had right relationships after he arrived to his spacious place. Gen. 26:16 - 16) Then Abimelech said to Isaac, “Move away from us; you have become too powerful for us.”
 Isaac had three Ds – determination, destination and destiny. Gen. 26:18b, 20-22 18) Isaac reopened the wells that had been dug in the time of his father Abraham… 20, 21, 22) Isaac servants dug in the valley and discovered a well of fresh water 20 but the herdsman quarreled over it…Then they dug another well…He moved on from there and dug another well and no quarreled over it. He named it Rehoboth saying God has made room for me and will make the land fruitful.
 Write in your spacious place/Rehoboth. Gen. 26:22 He named it Rehoboth saying God has made room for me and will make the land fruitful.

Sunday – October 30th Sermon
Living in the Spacious Place: Don’t Get it Twisted – Luke 16:19-31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...