Sermon Text: Isaiah 40:31 - but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Sermon Title: 12 Ways to Wait on God!
1. Don’t throw in the towel! 1 Cor. 15:58 - 58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
2. Don’t pray for patience! Rom. 5:3 - 3 Not only so, but we[a] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
3. Don’t talk too much! Proverbs 18:21 - The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
4. Encourage yourself! 1 Samuel 30:6- And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.
5. Get a prayer partner! Matt 18 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."
6. Permit and admit your weakness! 2 Cor. 12:9 - But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
7. Remember what God has already done! Psalm 103:2 - Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
8. God is not punishing you! Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
9. God is at work! 2 Peter 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
10. Memorialize the moment! Joshua 4: 3 and command them, saying, ‘Take twelve stones from here out of the midst of the Jordan, from the very place where the priests' feet stood firmly, and bring them over with you and lay them down in the place where you lodge tonight.’” Genesis 26:25 - Isaac built an altar there and called on the name of the LORD. There he pitched his tent, and there his servants dug a well.
11. Worship while you wait! 1. Worship while you wait! Neh. 8:10 Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." Psalms 73:17 till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny.
12. Don’t give up on God! Gal. 6:9 - 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.; Psalms 27:13-14 - 13 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take hear and wait for the Lord.