Sermon Text: Luke 1: 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. (38) “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May it be to me as you have said.” Then the angel left her
Sermon Title: Favor Find Me! Pt 2
Psalms 139: 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Isaiah 46: 10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand
Definition: Favor is unmerited, undeserved blessings & selection from God that is given based on who God is not who you are.
· Gen 43: 29 As he looked about and saw his brother Benjamin, his own mother’s son, he asked, “Is this your youngest brother, the one you told me about?” And he said, “God be gracious to you, my son.”
· Numbers 6:22-27 - 22 The Lord said to Moses, 23 “Tell Aaron and his sons, ‘This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them:
· 24 “‘“The Lord bless you and keep you; 25 the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; 26 the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’ 27 “So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them.”
· Psalms 31: 16 - 16 Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love.
· Psalms 67: 1 - 1 May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine on us—
· Psalms 80: 3 - 3 Restore us, O God; make your face shine on us, that we may be saved.
· Psalms 119: 135 Make your face shine on your servant and teach me your decrees.
· Isa 33: 2 - 2 Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.
· Daniel 9: 17 - 17 “Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. For your sake, Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary.
Favor 1: [Sacrifice Favor] Gen 4: 4 - 4 And Abel also brought an offering—fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering,
a) When you get God’s attention you also get haters attention.
b) Don’t worry because your blood will speak from the ground they try to bury you in. Gen 4:10- The LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground.
Favor 2: [Living anti Culture Favor] Gen 6: 8 - 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
a) Caution favor can make you full of yourself. Gen 9:21 - When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent.
Favor 3: [Dream Favor] Gen 39: 21 - 21 the Lord was with him; he showed him kindness and granted him favor in the eyes of the prison warden.
Favor 4: [Group Favor] Israelites Exodus 2: 25 - 25 So God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them.
a) Make sure you are in the right group
b) God pays attention to who you are with just as much as he pays attention to what you are doing
Favor 5: [Leadership Favor] Exodus 33: 13 - 13 If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.”
1. Discover your purpose and walk in it
2. Remember favor is God’s fuel to get you into your future and His will
3. Walk in the faith that favor will show up at the intersections of your needs and God’s will