Sermon Text: Matthew 17:5-6 - 5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!” 6 When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified.
Sermon Title: Relationship Goals: Transparency
1. It’s okay to wonder what people think of you. Matthew 16: 13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
2. Don’t let people tell you who you are. Matthew 16: 22 And Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying, “Far be it from you, Lord![e] This shall never happen to you.”
3. Be yourself no matter what. Vs. 5 He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my beloved Son,[a] with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.”
4. Accept the fact that everybody is not with you. Matthew 10:4 Simon the Zealot, and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.
5. Learn how to release people. John 21:15 When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.”