Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Sermon Title: Don’t Take This Lying Down
Sermon Text: 1 Samuel 30: 6-8 6 David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the Lord his God.
7 Then David said to Abiathar the priest, the son of Ahimelek, “Bring me the ephod. ” Abiathar brought it to him, 8 and David inquired of the Lord, “Shall I pursue this raiding party? Will I overtake them?”
“Pursue them,” he answered. “You will certainly overtake them and succeed in the rescue. ”
Point 1: Don’t Let Defeat, Defeat You vs. David was greatly distressed…
Point 2: Depend on God vs. 6b But David found strength in the Lord his God.
Point 3: Determine Your Next Move vs. 7, 8 Then David said to Abiathar…”Bring me the ephod…”and David inquired of the Lord, Shall I pursue this raiding party? Will I overtake them?”
Point 4: Defeat What Defeated You vs. 8b “Pursue them,” he answered. “You will certainly overtake them and succeed in the rescue.”
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
NOTETAKER: Systematic Defense of Traditional Marriage…A Deeper Look at Same Sex Marriages
1. Political: This is an issue for the ________________ not just for the politicians to make ________________ points.
2. Spiritual: Righteousness exalteth a nation: but ________________ is a ________________ to any people. Prov. 14:34
3. Scriptural: The question is not ________________ but the ________________ . Does a person interpret scripture as true without error nor contradiction or needs to be updated with changes in culture? Scripture should be ________________ within its ________________ as a ________________ .
Genesis 19:4-8 Leviticus 18:22 Leviticus 20:13 Romans 1:21-28 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Jude 1:7 John 13:23 1 Samuel 18:1 1 Samuel 18:3
4. Socially/Culturally: If America is truly the land of the free and freedom of speech is a constitutional ________________ then ALL views must be heard at ALL times not just the ________________ correct.
5. Medically: There is no such thing as a ________________ gene.
6. Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender is an ________________ choice deeply rooted in humanity fallen state. Everyone should ________________ to achieve God’s original plan.
7. Legally: Defense of Marriage Act and Proposition 8 will _____________ this issue.
8. Civil Right or Not-Here is the ________________ of the issue.
9. Marriage Covenant: Marriage is a ________________ and ________________ ________________ between a man and a woman. It’s origin is biblical and ________________ by the government.
Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5; Matthew 19:8; Eph 5:31, 32; Mark 10:3-9; Matthew 19:4-5; Hosea 1:2; John 3:29; Genesis 2:24
10. Next Steps
1. Remember man’s ________________ changes and ________________ the further we get away from the fall of man and humanity ________________ God to its size.
2. Communicate your position with ________________ and ________________
3. Pray the Supreme Court _____________ California Prop 8 and DOMA is upheld
4. Pray for the best plan for the _____________ and defend your right to speak out.
5. Do not become consumed by this issue, ________________ is in control.
at May 16, 2012
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Prayer Answers Guaranteed….Drawing Prayer Circles Summary
Stop, Drop, and Pray-Mark 10:48-52
1. What do you _______ Jesus to do for you?
a. Mark 10:51, “What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked him.
2. Jesus forces us to _________ exactly what we want.
a. Mark 10:51b, The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.”
3. God honors _________ audacious prayers.
a. Mark 10:52, “Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.
4. How do you _________Jericho in your life?
5. Drawing prayer circles requires _________.
a. Joshua 6:1, 21 Now the gates of Jericho were securely barred because of the Israelites. No one went out and no one came in. 2 Then the LORD said to Joshua, “See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men.
6. Drawing prayer circles requires _________.
a. Joshua 6:20 When the people heard the sound of the rams’ horns, they shouted as loud as they could. Suddenly the walls of Jericho collapsed, and the Israelites charged straight into the town and captured it.
Piercing Prayer-Numbers 11
7. Prayer that _________ Results-
a. Numbers 11:21…Here I am among six hundred thousand men on foot and you say, “I will give you meat to eat for a whole month!” 22 Would they have enough if flocks and herds were slaughtered for them? Would they have enough if all the fish in the sea were caught for them?
8. Prayer that _________ Problems –
a. Number 11:14, 15 I cannot carry all these people by myself; the burden is too heavy for me. 15 If this is how you are going to treat me, please go ahead and kill me—if I have found favor in your eyes—and do not let me face my own ruin.”
9. _________ Prayers for Life-
a. Numbers 11:24 – 26, 29 24So Moses went out and told the people what the LORD had said. He brought together seventy of their elders and had them stand around the tent. 25 Then the LORD came down in the cloud and spoke with him, and he took some of the power of the Spirit that was on him and put it on the seventy elders. When the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied—but did not do so again.
10 . Everyone’s prayer life will get _________ sometimes. Thank God he doesn’t always _________ on our _________.
It’s not always the length of your prayer but the longing of your prayer.
11. Pray until you _______ _______.
Pray Through – Luke 18
12. Make your biblically based word endorsed_________to God the just Judge.
a. Luke 18: 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary
13. What is your _________ and _________ for prayer?
b. Luke 18: vs. 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually wear me out with her coming!’
14. You must be _________. Pray till you _____ don’t stop until God is _________; don’t stop even when you are _________.
c. Luke 18: vs. 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually wear me out with her coming!’
15. Write the _______ ___________, and _________ for the promises connected to your prayer request.
Fast so you Can Last-Daniel 10:1-14
16. Daniel 1:8 - But Daniel resolved not to _________himself with the royal food and wine,
17. Daniel 1: 9, 15, 19. Now God had caused the official to show _________ and sympathy to Daniel…15. At the end of the ten days they looked _________ and better…19. The king talked to them and found none equal to them…
18. __________________ _______ vs. 12 Then he continued, “Do not be afraid, Daniel. _________ the ____________ that you set your mind to gain understanding to humble yourself before your God, your __________ ______, and I have come in response to them.
19. Permit the ________________ __________________ to pray for you.
a. Romans 8: 26, 27 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weaknesses. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the Saints in accordance with God’s will.
20. Remember your __________________ are not carnal.
a. 2 Corinthians The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
21. __________________ Reticular Activating System At the base of the brain lies a cluster of nerve cells called RAS. They determine what gets noticed and not noticed. Fasting and prayer impacts/sanctifies your RAS so you notice the things of God
22. __________________ your angels.
a. Hebrews 1: 14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
23. Continue to pray the word prayer in Aramaic means __________________ ___ _________…every time you pray you set a trap for the enemy to get embarrassed with a beat down
24. __________________ your prayers (1995, Alvaro Pasual-Leone)
25. Prayers __________________ like property in a real estate sale (p 205)
26. Pray until your __________________ __________________ on earth (p 211)
at May 09, 2012
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Scriptures for HEALING:
1Pet 2:24..........(Jesus) bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness -- by whose stripes you were healed.
Isa 53:5.............He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.
Mt 8:17.............He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses.
Ps 107:20.........He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
Gen 18:14........."Is anything too hard for the Lord?"
Mt 11:28.........."Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
3John 2.............Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
Phil 4:19........."And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
2Cor 9:10........."...may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness,”
2Sam 8:6…….The Lord gave David victory wherever he went.
2 Sam 8:14…..The Lord gave David victory wherever he went.
2Sam 22:36….You make your saving help my shield; your help has made me great.
2Sam 23:10….but Eleazar stood his ground and struck down the Philistines till his hand grew tired and froze to the sword. The Lord brought about a great victory that day.
2Sam 23:12…and the Lord brought about a great victory.
1Kings 22:12…“Attack and be victorious,” they said, “For the Lord will give it into the king’s hand.”
Job 12:16….To him belong strength and insight.
Ps 18:35…. You make your saving help my shield, and your right hand sustains me.
Ps 18:50…. He gives his king great victories; he shows unfailing love to his anointed.
Ps 60:12…. With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies.
1 John 5:4… for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
at May 08, 2012
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Sermon Text: Daniel 10: 2a At that time I, Daniel mourned for three weeks. I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips;
Sermon Title: Fast So You Can Last
Point 1: Detox vs. 3 I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotion at all until the three weeks were over. Daniel fasted and prayed so he could get his prayer heard.
Look at Daniel 1: 8 But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way. 9. Now God had caused the official to show favor and sympathy to Daniel…15. At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better…19. The king talked to them and found none equal to them… Notice how fasting is not new to Daniel.
(a) It gave him favor.
(b) It gave him access to the king and his officials.
(c) It guided him which relationships to depend on.
(d) It also made him daring. 6: 10 Daring Now when learned the decree…he went to his room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem…three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed…
Point 2: Don’t Stop vs. 12 Then he continued., “Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them.
Daniel found out from Gabriel the angel some wonderfully startling news.
Point 3: Detained Delivery vs. 13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.
When Gabriel tells Daniel he was detained he was actually delivering the answer.
(a) Permit the Holy Spirit to pray for you Romans 8: 26, 27 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weaknesses. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the Saints in accordance with God’s will.
(b) Remember your weapons are not carnal. 2 Corinthians The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
(c) Expect don’t wait Psalm 27: 14 Wait [expect from] on the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait [expect from] for the Lord.
(d) RAS Reticular Activating System At the base of the brain lies a cluster of nerve cells called RAS. They determine what gets noticed and not noticed. Focus you. Fasting and prayer impacts/sanctifies your RAS so you notice the things of God
(e) Dispatch your angels Hebrews 1: 14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
(f) Don’t fight fair tell Jesus about it he has interceded for you by his final act on the cross
(g) Continue to pray the word prayer in Aramaic means set a trap…every time you pray you set a trap for the enemy to get embarrassed with a beat down
at May 06, 2012
Pericope: 1 Sam 1:3-8 Sermon Text: 1 Samuel 1:11 And she made a vow, saying, “LORD Almighty, if you will only look on your servant’...
Sermon Text: Lev 23: 9 – 10 Sermon Title: The Favor of First Fruit Point 1: The Facts of First Fruit First fruit is part of the Jewish fe...
Pericope: I Kings 3: 3 – 9 Sermon Text: 1 Kings 3: 9 Sermon Title: “Black Panther vs Trump” Introduction: There is something going...
God's Will, Will WIN...How to Handle Wild Relationships! Sermon Text: Gen 21:12 - But God said to him, “Do not be so distres...