Saturday, March 3, 2018

#RelationshipGoals Why I Stayed


Sermon Text: Ruth 1: 16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.

Sermon Title: #RelationshipGoals: Why I Stayed
16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.
17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” 

Point 1:  Ruth saw something in Naomi’s life in hard times. Vs 5 both Mahlon and Kilion also died, and Naomi was left without her two sons and her husband.

There are four people you want to identify in hard times. 
1)  The person who left you in hard times. 
2)  The person who talked about you in hard times. 
3)  The person that stuck with you in hard times. 
4)  The person that helped out of hard times. 

Point 2:  Ruth saw Naomi’s God and wanted a relationship with her God. Vs. 17 …Your God will be my God

Point 3:  Ruth saw a future with her based on her past performance – Vs 17, 19 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” 19 So the two women went on until they came to Bethlehem. When they arrived in Bethlehem, the whole town was stirred because of them, and the women exclaimed, “Can this be Naomi?” 

Life Application:
1.  Make Jesus your first relationship goal
2.  Make sure you filter all relationships then staying is not an issue
3.  Assess your relationships are they adding value or devaluing you. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, i am from USA, I want to share this great testimony about how Dr.Agbazara helped me bring back my ex lover, During my search for solution i came in contact with Dr.Agbazara details and through his help my lover came back to me within 48 hours. So with these i am so bold to advise anyone seeking for a way to get there lover back to contact Dr.Agbazara on WhatsApp: { +2348104102662 } or via email at: { agbazara@gmail.com } I am so happy at least myself and my lover are back to each other again and going to spend the New Year celebration together Thank to Dr.Agbazara once again....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...