Sunday, April 15, 2018

FamilyIsh - Part 4 - The Place of Victory



Pericope: Numbers 22: 1-4
Sermon Text: Numbers 22:2 2 Now Balak son of Zippor saw all that Israel had done to the Amorites,
Sermon Title: “Family-ish” Part 4 The Place of Victory
Point 1:  Incites Excites and Invokes Enemy
Numbers 22:3 3 and Moab was terrified because there were so many people. Indeed, Moab was filled with dread because of the Israelites.
Point 2:  God is involved in your place Numbers 22:28-31 28 Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?” 29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.” 30 The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?” “No,” he said.
31 Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.
Point 3: The place you are in has an irrevocable victory attached to it. Numbers 23:19-20 19 God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? 20 I have received a command to bless; he has blessed, and I cannot change it.
Don’t Move Just declare over your house:
-      My house is a place of prosperity
-      My house is a place of peace
-      My house is a place of God’s presence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...