Sunday, February 16, 2014

God 2 Me: "I am All N2U"

Text: Hosea 11: 1 When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

Context: God loves Israel like Hosea is instructed to love his adulterous wife…

Point 1: God finds me Lovable Vs. 1 When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.
The first thing the text tells me about how God feels about Israel is He is lovable. God says I loved you out of Egypt. In other words, when you were in chains and nobody recognized you because you were a small nation I stepped in and chose you.

Point 2: God finds me Irresistible Vs. 8 How can I give up on Ephraim? How can I hand you over, Israel? How can I treat you like Admah? How can I make you like Zebolim? My heart is changed within me; all my compassion is aroused.

Point 3: God finds me Forgivable Vs. I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I turn and devastate Ephraim. For I am God, and not man--the Holy One among you. I will not come in wrath.
Despite what Israel did God still found them forgivable. The text says they still ran after other gods. Vs. 7 says My people are determined to turn from me… Notice God's response. I will not carry out my fierce anger.

Life Application: How do I live in love with God? You live in love with God…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...