Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Write Your Warplan

 

October 28th Wednesday echurch

Pericope:  John 17:6, 20 - John 17:6 - “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,

Sermon Text: [Pt 6 Write your Warplan] John 17: 20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,

Prayer 1: When You are feeling overwhelmed:

1 Kings 3:7-10 - 7 “Now, Lord my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David. But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties. 8 Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. 9 So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. …

10 The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for this.

God’s Answer: 1 Kings 3:11-15 - 11 So God said to him, “Since you have asked for this and not for long life or wealth for yourself, nor have asked for the death of your enemies but for discernment in administering justice, 12 I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be. 13 Moreover, I will give you what you have not asked for—both wealth and honor—so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings. 14 And if you walk in obedience to me and keep my decrees and commands as David your father did, I will give you a long life...

a)  God gave Solomon what he asked for

b)  God gave Solomon what he didn’t ask for

c)   God gave Solomon more than enough

Prayer 2:  Dear Lord open the doors for us to build a church for your glory and saving souls.  Make the vision a reality.  Enlarge our territory with land, people and influence to plant NLC.  Cancel the enemy's plans to stop NLC.  Give us wisdom and stamina.  Give us prosperity and favor.  Give us cooperation and unity.  Give us a spirit of sacrifice and a mind for kingdom building.  Give us a spirit of followship and loyalty.  Give us souls and we will care for them with all our might.  Give us this O'Fallon-Metro East community and with your help, we pledge our lives to win it for you.  Give us a church planting anointing that will change lives in our lifetime.  It is in Jesus name we pray, believe, and declare it done!  Amen!  God bless you!

a)  God gave me what I asked for

b)  God gave me what I didn’t ask for

c)   God gave me more than enough – more than I asked for

Prayer 3:  Prayer of Thanksgiving

Phil 4:6 - 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

1 Thes 5:16-18 - 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

a)  Ask

b)  Add

c)   Thank

Prayer 4: Serenity Prayer

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
taking, as Jesus did,
this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
trusting that You will make all things right
if I surrender to Your will;
so that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen.

a)  He prayed in faith…

b)  When faith didn’t change the answer…

c)   He didn’t change his behavior he became the answer…

Prayer 5: Prayer for Healing and Deliverance –

Hebrews 4:16 - Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Psalm 30:2 NKJV O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.

Prayer 6: Prayer for Prosperity

John 10:10 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

3 John 1:2 - Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.

Prayer 7: Write Your Own

Using the Lord’s Prayer – do likewise –

Our Father, who art in heaven,

hallowed be thy name,

thy kingdom come,

thy will be done,

on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread

and forgive us our debts and we forgive

our debtors,

and lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil,

for thine is the kingdom and the power

and the glory, forever. Amen.

1)  Keep a running conversation – 1 Thes 5:17 - pray continually,

2)  Schedule prayer times throughout the day – Ps. 119:164 -  Seven times a day I praise you for your righteous laws.

3)  Get up with gratitude – James 1: 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.; 1 Cor. 4: 7 For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?

4)  Hallow his name – Matt 6: 9 “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven,  hallowed be your name,

5)  List your needs at lunch

6)  Ask for forgiveness at dinner – Ps. 139:23-24 - 23 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

7)  Ask for direction – 1 Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.; Ps. 32: 5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave    the guilt of my sin.

8)  End the day in a truth – Prov. 10:27 TLB - 27 Reverence for God adds hours to each day; so how can the wicked expect a long, good life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...