Sunday, September 27, 2020

Dont Cancel Jesus - Lady Glenda Dudley

 

Pericope: John 7:25-30, 37-39

Scripture Text: John 7:25 - 25 At that point some of the people of Jerusalem began to ask, “Isn’t this the man they are trying to kill?

Sermon Title:  Don’t Cancel Jesus!

Point 1. Before you cancel Jesus check the facts (vs. 21-24 - 21 Jesus said to them, “I did one miracle, and you are all amazed. 22 Yet, because Moses gave you circumcision (though actually it did not come from Moses, but from the patriarchs), you circumcise a boy on the Sabbath. 23 Now if a boy can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing a man’s whole body on the Sabbath? 24 Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”)

Fact” John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart! I have overcome the world”.

Fact” Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Point 2. Before you cancel Jesus, understand His motives (vs. 28,29 - 28 Then Jesus, still teaching in the temple courts, cried out, “Yes, you know me, and you know where I am from. I am not here on my own authority, but he who sent me is true. You do not know him, 29 but I know him because I am from him and he sent me.”)

“Motive” The bible said in John 10:10 He came that we might have life and have it more abundantly, 

“Motive” it also tells us that the son of man came to seek and to save that which was lost. I John 1:3  says that “The son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

Point 3. Before you cancel Jesus, you need a drink of water (37,38 - 37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them

 “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink  Whoever  believes in me, as the scripture has said out of your belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Ecclesiastes 3:11a  He has also set eternity in the human heart. 

John 6:35 it says that I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

Life Application

Before you decide to cancel Jesus, consider this:

1.  Check your track record with check

2.  His water will never run out

3.  Don’t dry up and die

4.   Let Him satisfy your thirst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...