Friday, August 14, 2020

Pain Management Pt 2 - Do U Feel ME?

 

Pericope: 1 Chronicles 4: 9-10 9 Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, “I gave birth to him in pain.” 10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.

Sermon Text: 1 Chronicles 4: 9(b) saying, “I gave birth to him in pain.”

Sermon Title: Pain Management Pt 2 God! Do you feel me!

BP: Move the hearers to trust God with their pain

Introduction:

Point 1. Name your pain Vs 9…his mother named him Jabez

1 Chronicles 4: 9 9 Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, “I gave birth to him in pain.”

a) Naomi Ruth 1: 20 20 “Don’t call me Naomi,” she told them. “Call me Mara, because the Almighty has made my life very bitter.

b) Paul 2 Cor 12: 9 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

c)

Point 2. Constrain your pain Vs 10 Jabez cried out to God of Israel…

a) Ps 115:3 Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.

b) quote

c) Ps 119: 67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.

Point 3. Don’t claim your pain Vs 10 oh that you would bless me and enlarge my testimony! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain and God granted his request

a) pain has a promise attached to it

b) pain has an honor attached to it

c) pain has God attached to it

Life Application:

a) Compelling Phil 1: 12 NASB 12 Now I want you to know, brethren, that my circumstances have turned out for the greater progress of the gospel,

b) Capacity 2 Cor 1: 3-5 TLB 3-4 What a wonderful God we have—he is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the source of every mercy, and the one who so wonderfully comforts and strengthens us in our hardships and trials. And why does he do this? So that when others are troubled, needing our sympathy and encouragement, we can pass on to them this same help and comfort God has given us. 5 You can be sure that the more we undergo sufferings for Christ, the more he will shower us with his comfort and encouragement.

c) Compliance/Reliance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...