Saturday, January 5, 2019

Passion 365 Pt 1


Pericope:  Rev. 3:14-22

Sermon Text:  Rev. 3:15-16 - 15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

Sermon Title:  Passtion365 Pt 1 – After the Love is Gone

Point 1:  Denialvs. 17…you do not realize…

The members of the church at Laodicea were in complete denial about their passion for Jesus. They thought their status in life reflected their heart for God.

Matthew 22: 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

They were like some of us. We think we are

a)  We think we are wealthy

b)  We think we are warm

c)  We think we are wise

Point 2: Detection vs. 15-16 15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

a)  Do we have to…

b)  Why are we doing this…

c)  It don't take all that…

Point 3:  Delivered.  Vs. 20 …I stand at the door and knock

Verse 19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.

a)  Jesus is standing

a)  Jesus is knocking

b)  Jesus wants to come in

Point 4:  Dependence - Verse 21 to him who overcomes… Just as I overcame…

a)  Finances in 2019 – God's love comes with stuff God is a giver

b)  Family life in 2019

c)  Future in 2019

How?

Life Application: 

1.  Sign up for 40 days of prayer

2.  Sign up for financial peace

3.  Don’t miss revival

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...