Saturday, September 1, 2018

God's Got It Pt 9 - Full Price


Pericope: 2 Samuel 24:21-25
Sermon Text: 2 Samuel 24: 24 But the king replied to Araunah, “No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the Lord my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing.” So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen and paid fifty shekels of silver for them.
Sermon Title: God's Got It Pt 9 Full Price 
Point 1:  Assess what you need from God 2 Samuel 24: 21 Araunah said, “Why has my lord the king come to his servant?” “To buy your threshing floor,” David answered, “so I can build an altar to the Lord, that the plague on the people may be stopped.”
Point 2:  You get what you pay for 2 Samuel 24:22, 23 - 22 Araunah said to David, “Let my lord the king take whatever he wishes and offer it up. Here are oxen for the burnt offering, and here are threshing sledges and ox yokes for the wood. 23 Your Majesty, Araunah gives all this to the king.” Araunah also said to him, “May the Lord your God accept you.”
Then we do one of three things when our half blessings come.
1. Pout… Fold our arms and withdraw ourselves from God… Don't speak, spend time or share ourselves.
Example Cain
2. Hide...from God what we have
Matthew 25:25 - so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’
3. Get... jealous of others. Matthew 20:9 And when those hired about the eleventh hour came, each of them received a denarius.
Point 3Pay Full price  2 Samuel 24: 24 But the king replied to Araunah, “No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the Lord my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing.” So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen and paid fifty shekels[a] of silver for them.
2 Samuel 24:25 - 25 David built an altar to the Lord there and sacrificed burnt offerings and fellowship offerings. Then the Lord answered his prayer in behalf of the land, and the plague on Israel was stopped.
Life Application: 
1. Tithes challenge for four months
2.  Time challenge for four months LifeGroups
3.  Talent challenge for four months

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...