Sunday, May 18, 2014

Test God: Satisfaction Guaranteed

Sermon Text: Malachi 3: 10 Bring me the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

Sermon Title: Test God: Satisfaction Guaranteed

Point 1: God will open up heaven for you vs. 10…I will…throw open the floodgates of heaven…

 The only other place this Hebrew phrase is used is in Gen 7: 11/12…on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of heaven were opened…and rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.
 2 Chronicles 31: 10 put it. …”Since the people began to bring their contributions to the temple of the Lord, we have had enough to eat and plenty to spare, because the Lord has blessed his people, and this great amount is left over.”

Point 2: God will prevent the pest for me vs. 11…I will prevent pest from devouring your crops…

Point 3: God will feature me vs. 12 Then all nations will call you blessed…

Point 4: God will guarantee it vs. 10 …test me in this…

Conclusion.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...