Saturday, May 31, 2014

How to Survive a Heart Attack!


Sermon Text: Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.

Sermon Title: How to Survive a Heart Attack!

Point 1: Goes in Grows Out Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life. This is the way Message Bible puts it Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that's where life starts. Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth; avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip. Keep your eyes straight ahead; ignore all sideshow distractions. Watch your step, and the road will stretch out smooth before you. Look neither right nor left; leave evil in the dust.

Prov. 23: 7 KJV For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he

Point 2: God in God Out

Point 3: Jesus raises your heart rate Matt. 15: 19/20 For out of the heart come evil thoughts…these are what make a man 'unclean'…

Point 4: Search and Rescue Jeremiah 17: 9/10 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve.

1.  He searches us Psalms 139: 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.

2.  He intercedes for us Rom 8: 26/27…the Spirit helps us in our weakness…the Spirit himself intercedes for us…he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit…the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance to God's will.

3.  He cleanse us

4.  He tells us to wash ourselves Jer. 4: 14…Jerusalem wash your hearts…

Conclusion: David said it best Psalms 51: 10 Create in me a pure heart O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

        In other words, David was saying I had a heart attack. I caused it and it's about to kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...