Sunday, November 3, 2013

Greater is Coming: Pt. 4 You Can’t Void My Greater

 Isaiah 55: 11

Point 1: His Contract: Jeremiah 1:4-5 - 4 The word of the Lord came to me, saying, 5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,  before you were born I set you apart;  I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
Psalms 139:13-16 - 13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
Jeremiah 29:11 - 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Point 2: His Weapon Isaiah 54: 16, 17 See it is I who created the blacksmith who fans the coals into flame and forges a weapon fit for its work. And it is I who have created the destroyer to work havoc; (17) no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me,” declares the Lord.
Point 3: His Word Isa 55: 11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Numbers 23: 19 put it this way God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it? God's word is so powerful only he can make it happen. Hebrews put's it this way 6: 13, 14 When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, saying, "I will surely bless you…" 
Point 4: His Thoughts Isa 55: 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”
Numbers 23:20 I have received a command to bless;  he has blessed, and I cannot change it.
Point 5: His Example Isa 55: 10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
Life Application:
(a) Find the word that fits your situation…healing, provision, peace
(b) Get a firm grip of faith in that word and don't let go

(c) Commit that word to memory and confess that word often

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...