Sunday, April 14, 2013

Playing Hurt: You Can Count On It


Sermon Text: Matthew 18: 21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"
Sermon Title: Playing Hurt: You Can Count On It
Point 1: The caliber of the Pain  vs. 21  Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”
Point 2: The cost of Unforgiveness  vs. 24  As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents of gold was brought to him.
Point 3: Calling in the Debt  vs. 28  “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii. He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.
Point 4: Captured by My Past  vs. 32  “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to.
Point 5: Consequences for My Future  vs. 33-35  33Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’34In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.  35“This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”
1.  Avoid mentally rehearsing the events associated with the offense.
2.  Don't turn the person into the offense liar, adulterer, thief, cheater
3.  Forgive from the heart the spirit not the soulish real
4.  Start immediately blessing the person you forgive. You will only feel differently about the person when you act differently toward them forgiveness is a verb
5.  Flee the attempt to tell others about this offense. 

NewLife Website:
www.nlicic.org
NewLife's Twitter: www.twitter.com/NewLifenChrist
Streaming site : www.nlicic.org/live

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...