Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WWJD w/ My Life Rules vs. Relationship


Sermon Text: Luke 15: 1-3
Sermon Title: WWJD w/ My Life Rules vs. Relationship

1. God ___________ be ­___­_________ by you keeping _______.
Luke 15:29 But he answered his father, ‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends.
a)   God wants a _________ and He sees through the ______of ______ keepers
Luke 15:31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours.
b)   Jesus got to the  ________  of relationship with the  ________   _____   ______.
Luke 18:22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
c)   It is what is in _____ _______ not the_______  you keep
Prov 23:7  KJV For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
Luke 5:22 Jesus knew what they were thinking and asked, “Why are you thinking these things in your hearts?
2) What happens when I ______ the _______?
Rom 5:19 NASB For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.
Gal 5:13  You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.
a)   My salvation is ________.
Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”
1 Cor 3:15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.
b)   My relationship is  _________ and  _________.
Ps 66:18 If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened;
Ps 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
c)   My  _________  that are in Christ become  ________ for me to _________
2 Cor 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God
3) My _________ ______is in Christ!
2 Cor 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God
a)     _________ is not an issue with Jesus its  _________
Luke 18: 29, 30 29 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30 will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.”
b)   Jesus told the story about the Prodigal God to show us God was willing to ______to _____ _____ _____ whatever they  ________
Luke 15:22,31  22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours.
c)   Why are ______ living  _________  your  _________.
3 John 2  Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.


NewLife Website: http://www.nlicic.org/
Bishop's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bishopdudley
NewLife's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NLCLifeChangers
Bishop's Twitter: https://twitter.com/bishopgvd
NewLife's Twitter: https://twitter.com/NewLifenChrist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...