Saturday, November 17, 2018

Premeditated Praise


Pericope:  Psalms 34:1-10 ESV - 34

I will bless the Lord at all times;   his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2 My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. 3 Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together! 4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me  and delivered me from all my fears. 5 Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. 6  This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles. 7 The angel of the Lord encamps

    around those who fear him, and delivers them. 8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! 9 Oh, fear the Lord, you his saints,  for those who fear him have no lack! 10 The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

Sermon Text:  Psalms 34:1 I will bless the Lord at all times; his praises shall continually be in my mouth. 

Sermon Title: Premeditated Praise!



1 Sam 21:12-22:2 - 12 And David took these words to heart and was much afraid of Achish the king of Gath. 13 So he changed his behavior before them and pretended to be insane in their hands and made marks on the doors of the gate and let his spittle run down his beard. 14 Then Achish said to his servants, “Behold, you see the man is mad. Why then have you brought him to me? 15 Do I lack madmen, that you have brought this fellow to behave as a madman in my presence? Shall this fellow come into my house?” 22 David departed from there and escaped to the cave of Adullam. And when his brothers and all his father's house heard it, they went down there to him. 2 And everyone who was in distress, and everyone who was in debt, and everyone who was bitter in soul, gathered to him. And he became commander over them. And there were with him about four hundred men.

       

Point 1:  Premeditated praise must be prescribed.  Vs. 1-3  

I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2 My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. 3 Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!

Point 2:  Premeditated praise must be preoccupied with God.  Vs. 4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

Praise 3:  Premeditated praise must have a prescription.  Vs. 6

This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles.

        1 Samuel 22:1-2:2 David departed from there and escaped to the cave of Adullam. And when his brothers and all his father's house heard it, they went down there to him. 2 And everyone who was in distress, and everyone who was in debt, and everyone who was bitter in soul, gathered to him. And he became commander over them. And there were with him about four hundred men.

         

Point 4:  Premeditated praise must be fearless.  Vs. 7-9 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. 8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!  Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! 9 Oh, fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack!

Point 5:  Premeditated praise must be personal.  Vs. 1 I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Vs. 3 Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!

Conclusion:  Vs. 1 I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...