Sunday, August 18, 2013

Change Your Words Change Your Life: Just Say the Word!

Sermon Text: Matt 7: 8 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.  

Sermon Title: Change Your Words Change Your Life: Just Say the Word!

Point 1: The first words out of the soldiers mouth was my servant lies at home paralyzed and is terribly sick. Vs. 6 The right word at the right time can make all the difference.

Point 2: Jesus had a response vs. 7 I will go and heal him.

Point 3: Right words alone is not what make them life-changing vs. 8,9 The centurion replied. Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, go, and he goes; and that one, Come, and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this, ‘ and he does it."[I give them orders]
Matt 5: 36 do not to swear. You are incapable of making anything happen. God is the only one that can make things happen with his word. That’s why he says in Hebrews 6: 13 He swore on himself because He is the only one capable to make words turn into action/results.
Point 4: What does faith have to do with a life-changing word? Vs. 10 When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.


Conclusion: Today I simply want to ask how many you need a word of salvation…healing…connection…encouragement…spoken over your life? Come to the altar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...