Wednesday, August 8, 2012

5 Freedoms to Prosper

5 Freedoms to Prosper
August 8, 2012
LifeChanging @ Another Level

1.  Free to choose your god.  Cannot serve both God and mammon. How do you choose?
Matthew 6:24- “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
a.  When it comes to spending what do you think of first, your comfort or your church?
b.  What do you think of when you give; how much you will have left or how much you gave will help?
c.   Do you believe you are giving to God or returning to Him?
2.  Free to want but not be thirsty.  How do you know when you are thirsty?
Matthew 6:33 -  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 
a.  When what you have is never enough the moment after you get it.
b.  When you admire what others have—longing for it.
c.   When thanksgiving has to be mustered up.
3.  Free to possess but not be possessed.  How do I know I am possessed?
Proverbs 3:10- Then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.
Luke 18: 23-25-  23 When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was very wealthy. 24 Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”  
a.  When it is hard for me to part with what I know I won’t use.
b.   
4.  Free to budget and not be broke.  How do I budget?
Proverbs 30:25- Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer;
a.  When I assign my money a task.
b.   When I can give an account for every dollar.
c.   When I figure my expenses and income.
5.  Free to give and not be taken.  How do I know when I am giving and not being taken?
2 Corinthians 9:6- Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
a.  When there are no tricks or outrageous promises associated with giving.
b.  When it registers in your heart even though the amount maybe outrageous.
c.   When the word corroborates the request.
d.   When blessings flow in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...