Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Favor of First Fruit: 7 Ways 2 Give OUTLINE

Sermon Text: Leviticus 23:10 Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you and you reap its harvest, bring to the priest a sheaf of the first grain you harvest.

Sermon Title: The Favor of First Fruit: 7 Ways To Give

Introduction/Review:
Number 1: Malachi 3: 10 Give in a way…Malachi 3: 10 Bring me the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, “says the LORD Almighty,” and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.; The way you give is as if it is God’s money and not yours. Give in the way…


Number 2: Deut 16: 16 Give in a way…Malachi 3: 10 Bring me the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, “says the LORD Almighty,” and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.; The way you give is as if it is God’s money and not yours. Give in the way


Number 3: Hagai 1: 9 – 10 Give in a way…Malachi 3: 10 Bring me the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, “says the LORD Almighty,” and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.; The way you give is as if it is God’s money and not yours. Give in the way


Number 4: Mark 14: 7 – 9 The poor you will always have with you and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. I tell you the truth, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.” Give in a way you know it’s about order of priority not putting one above the other.


Number 5: 2 Chronicles 31: 5 As soon as the order went out, the Israelites generously gave the first fruits of their grain, new wine, oil and honey and all that the fields produced…


Number 6: Matt 25: 15, 27 To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest. The text is very adamant to the point of banishing one to hell who does not invest properly.


Number 7: Ps 145: 16 You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.; Lam 3: 22 – 23 Because of the LORD’S great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Give in a way you have full assurance God is going to take care of all our needs according to his riches in glory.
Conclusion:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...