Sunday, October 2, 2016

New Life North Sermon - Help is on the Way! 10/2/16

Sermon Text: John 16: 7 (b)…it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Counselor will not come to you but; but if I go, I will send him to you.
Sermon Title: Help is On the Way
Vs. 4(b) I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you. But now I am going to him who sent me; yet none of you asks me, “Where are you going?” But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away,
Point 1: Welcome Holy Spirit! Vs. 7…it is to your advantage that I go away
a)  First give our life to Christ. And Holy Spirt comes into your life…indwelling
b)  Ask for the baptism by thanking God for the full manifestation. How do you know you have received the baptism…expression…of his power it is like unto laughter/crying?
c)  Speaking in tongues is not evidence but may occur…power with the evidence of the fruits of the spirit…a changed life/loss of desires, etc.
Point 2: Walk with and in the Holy Spirit vs 7…the Counselor [Comforter, Paracletes]
Point 3: War in the Spirit. Vss 8 – 9 And when he comes, he will convince the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgement: concerning sin because they do not believe in me.
a)      Your children rebellion/disobedience is a manifestation of what the prince of the air sends the airwaves of TV, social media, music…you see the behavior it really was the spirit
b)      Your supervisor reaction to you is really a reaction to the Holy Spirit inside of you
2 Corinthians 10: 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.
Ephesians 6: 10 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Life Application:
1.  Learn the Spirit
2.  Listen to the Holy Spirit

3.  Come to the Summit to be immersed in the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...