Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Greater is Coming: Hold on to Your Greater
Greater is Coming! Part 1
1. Accept God is cheering for you. Jeremiah 29:11 - 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Isaiah 46:10 - I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’
2. If He is cheering for you, then your current situation is a test
3. After you are tested, regular programming will resume. 1 Cor. 10:13 - No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
4. You are tested to verify these tests.
· Inward Poverty - The test reveals you have increasingly responded poorly and have failed to act obediently.
· Inward Plateau -The test reveals you have not matured, but have become stagnant in your growth.
· Inward Progress - The test reveals you have grown and have responded better than ever.
5. God’s got your back. Romans 8:31-32 - 31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
Greater is Coming: Pt. 2 It’s Just a Matter of Time!
6. Outward vs. Inward Paul, what’s your secret when outwardly things are wasting away? vs. 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
7. Momentary vs. Eternal: One of the most difficult things to deal with is momentary! Paul said life in part is about momentary verses eternal. vs. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
8. Seen vs. Unseen. Paul is talking about the natural verses the supernatural. vs. 18 So we fix your eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen
Greater is Coming Pt. 3 Get in Position
9. Christ position. Ephesians 1: 20 which he exerted in Christ when he raised him at his right hand in heavenly realms.
10. My position Ephesians 2: 6, 7 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, (7) in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.
11. Our position Ephesians 3: 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms,
12. The position Ephesians 6: 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in heavenly realms.
Greater is Coming: Pt. 4 You Can’t Void My Greater: Isaiah 55: 11
13. His Weapon Isaiah 54: 16, 17 See it is I who created the blacksmith who fans the coals into flame and forges a weapon fit for its work. And it is I who have created the destroyer to work havoc; (17) no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me,” declares the Lord.
14. His Word Isa 55: 11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Numbers 23: 19 put it this way God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it? God's word is so powerful only he can make it happen. Hebrews put's it this way 6: 13, 14 When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, saying, "I will surely bless you…"
15. His Thoughts Isa 55: 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”
16. His Example Isa 55: 10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater
17. His Contract: Jeremiah 1:4-5 - 4 The word of the Lord came to me, saying, 5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
Greater is Coming: Hold on to Your Greater
18. You were destined for greatness. Rom 8:29 - 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters
19. You look like a winner. Rom 8:29 - 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters
20. Nothing can separate you from your greater. Rom. 8:31 - 31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
21. God is for you so no one can defeat you. Rom 8:37 - 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
worship (online only) please complete the Life Application from the sermon. See attached or below. Family Exercise – Virtual Family S...
Sermon Text: Lev 23: 9 – 10 Sermon Title: The Favor of First Fruit Point 1: The Facts of First Fruit First fruit is part of the Jewish fe...
Greater is Coming! Part 1 1. Accept God is cheering for you. Jeremiah 29:11 - 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares t...