Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Pericope: Ezekiel 37:1-10 37 The hand of the Lord was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” I said, “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.”
4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! 5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath[a] enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’” 7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. 9 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’” 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.
Sermon Text: Ezekiel 39:9-10 9 “‘Then those who live in the towns of Israel will go out and use the weapons for fuel and burn them up—the small and large shields, the bows and arrows, the war clubs and spears. For seven years they will use them for fuel. 10 They will not need to gather wood from the fields or cut it from the forests, because they will use the weapons for fuel. And they will plunder those who plundered them and loot those who looted them, declares the Sovereign Lord.
Sermon Title: The Difference Maker Pt 2 Prophesy
Review: Sunday we established that your life is a prophetic utterance. We established that based on Ezekiel obeying God to speak to the dry bones, His obedience brought life to a dry, disoriented, disjointed situation. The Valley of Dry bones was an analogy of the motion flight and sin filled lives.
The mere voice of Ezekiel coupled with the Spirit of God changed all that. We established that is what you and I are called to do. We are supposed to step into any room and shift the atmosphere by our lives being a prophetic utterance. Our words flow from our lives. Out of the heart the mouth speaks. Matthew 12:34 34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.
So this afternoon I want to continue to empower you to be a Difference Maker by grounding you into more word. Are you ready to go deeper? Let’s go deeper!
1. Words and breath have powerbecause they are the delivery system. Gen 1:3a, 6a, 9a, 11a 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 6a And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water. 9a And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear, 11a Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it.
2. You have been given this power. Gen 2:7a, 3:8a 7 Then the Lord God formed a man, 3:8 8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day.
3. Words are mace with meaning and power. Luke 10:19
19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.
4. God’s word can either be meaningfulnoise or meaningless noise. 1 Thessalonians 4:12 12 so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
5. Your life are words in actions. Living Epistle. 1 Corinthians 3: 2-3 2 You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. 3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
6. God is depending on you to make meaningful noise with your life/words. Acts 2: 11b Acts 2:11 11 we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!”
7. You are in the Valley of dry Bones now speak. Acts 2:10 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome
Sunday, June 16, 2019
Pericope: Ezekiel 22:23-31 - 23 And the word of the Lord came to me: 24 “Son of man, say to her, You are a land that is not cleansed or rained upon in the day of indignation. 25 The conspiracy of her prophets in her midst is like a roaring lion tearing the prey; they have devoured human lives; they have taken treasure and precious things; they have made many widows in her midst. 26 Her priests have done violence to my law and have profaned my holy things. They have made no distinction between the holy and the common, neither have they taught the difference between the unclean and the clean, and they have disregarded my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them. 27 Her princes in her midst are like wolves tearing the prey, shedding blood, destroying lives to get dishonest gain. 28 And her prophets have smeared whitewash for them, seeing false visions and divining lies for them, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord God,’ when the Lord has not spoken. 29 The people of the land have practiced extortion and committed robbery. They have oppressed the poor and needy, and have extorted from the sojourner without justice. 30 And I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none. 31 Therefore I have poured out my indignation upon them. I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath. I have returned their way upon their heads, declares the Lord God.”
Sermon Text: Ezekiel 22: 30 And I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none.
Sermon Title: “Men Matter!”
The princes failed. 22: 25 The conspiracy of her princes in her midst is like a roaring lion tearing the prey; they have devoured human lives; they have taken treasure and precious things; they have made many widows in her midst.
The priest failed 22: 26 Her priests have done violence to my law and have profaned my holy things. They have made no distinction between the holy and the common, neither have they taught the difference between the unclean and the clean, and they have disregarded my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.
The government officials failed 22: 27 Her princes in her midst are like wolves tearing the prey, shedding blood, destroying lives to get dishonest gain
The prophets failed 22: 28 And her prophets have smeared whitewash for them, seeing false visions and divining lies for them, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord God,’ when the Lord has not spoken.
And the people failed 22: 29 The people of the land have practiced extortion and committed robbery. They have oppressed the poor and needy, and have extorted from the sojourner without justice.
Point 1: Men matter because they carry the seed. Vs. 30 And I sought for a man…
Psalms 127: 3-5 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. (4) Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. (5) Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.
Point 2: Men matter because they establish God’s order. Vs. 30 And I sought for a man among them…
Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
Genesis 2:22 - And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man.
1 Cor 11:7 For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man.
Point 3: Men matter because they fix things Vs 30 I sought a man… Who should build up the wall…
Point 4: Men have made mistakes. Vs 31 The Message I couldn’t find anyone. Not one. So I’ll empty out my wrath on them, burn them to a crisp with my hot anger, serve them with the consequences of all they’ve done.
Conclusion: In every way he was tempted like you and I. Hebrews 4:15 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet he did not sin.
Sunday, June 9, 2019
eicope: Gen. 1: r 28; 8: 2 2
emon Te r xt: Gen. 8: 2 2
"As long as
the e a r th endu res,
and h ave r st,
cold and he at,
r and win t e r, day
nev will e
cea r se."
Sermon Title: Life + Passion = Success Pt 6: The Power of the Seed
Point 1: [Plant] The first thing you do with a seed is plant it.
Phil. 1:6 KJV 6Being
confi dent of this
r thing, th at he which h ah begun a good wo t rk in you p will efo r rm
the day of Jesus Ch ri st:
r. 3:7 KJV So n nei the th e r is he th at p ln a te th any thing, nei th e r he th at w a t e re th; but God th at give th
in the cea r se.
Point 2: [Protect] A seed must protect itself at all times.
ad you r r H et a r
rov ebs 4: r 23 Above all
el se, gu ad you r r
fo a r r it is the well sping of
snnect co and Connect
a. 1 The
ssalo ni ans 5: 2 2 Ab sain f t rom all
app e a r ance of evil.
3:3 C an two walk
t o ge th e r,
e xcept y be a the g re ed?
3. It’s What’s Inside that Counts.
a. 1 Samuel 16:7 But
LORD said the to Samuel, "Do n ot
consi d e r
his app e a r ance o r
his height, fo r I have ec rej td him.
The LORD does n e ot look at
the things m an
loo ks at.
M an loo ks
at out the w a rd
app e a r ance, but
LORD loo the ks at
h the et." a r
2 Co rin thi ans
4:18 So we fi x
ou r eyes n ot
on wh at is seen,
but on wh at
is un seen. Fo r
wh at is seen
is tempo r a ry, but
wh at is un seen
is e t e r nal.
c. 1 John 4:4 Ye
of God, litt r le child ren, and
have ov ecome
becau the se g re a t e is he r th at is in you, th an he th at is in wo the d. rl
st Neg ativi ty
rov ebs r 20:19 A g osip be s ys
a ta r confi dence;
so avoid a m an who tal ks too much.
5. Bounce Back from Bruises
a. 2 Timothy 4:5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship
Point 3: [Produce]
ed Re s e ach - SEEDS r ae r p the r oec t s
as to r well as p the ropag ao t of rs i the r kinds. Thous ands
of kinds of p ln a ts have evolv ed
in such ways th at y
c the ann ot
su rvive, even in the regions wh
ee r y
be r st a dap td, if e y p the roduce no se eds.
eds of m ot p s ln a ts
v the ey
me r ans of su rvival
species. They the c a r ry
p the aent
r m p g e r lasm,
p r r oec t td again e st
he at, cold, d rought,
and w a t e r
f rom one g ro wing season
is sui ta be fo l r
g row th
species the to ne the xt.
of s se eds
live will consi d e ra bly
lon g e r th an
time f the rom one g ro wing season to
ne the xt if i the r
su r roundings
n r ot too
e x teme fo r r
i the r respective
chac a r t e ri stics.
Some se eds
no r mly al keep
alive un d e r n a tu l
ra conditions above g round only a y e
o a r r two. O th e c rs an keep
alive fo r a sco re of y es
o a r r mo re.
A few, such as
the se eds
of s ilv e map r le,
remain via be only a few l days if y the ae n r ot
kept moi st
Some kinds c
an su rvive
deep bu rial in soil, d the ry
o r moi st,
fo r 10 to
20 y es
o a r r lon . In one famous e g e r xp eiment,
r s t a r t ed
in 190 2, J. W. T. Duvel, of Dep the ment of Ag a r t ricul tu re, p lac ed
some se eds
in soil in flo w e rp os,
so he t could find m the l a t e r. He n the bu ri ed p the os t and all.
At in t e rvals he dug up p the os, t recov d e r e the se eds, and n p the ln a td e m un the d e r favo ra be l conditions
fo r g e r mi n ation.
Mo re th an 50 of 107 species te s t ed w e re via be af l t e r
20 y es.
M a r any we ed se eds remain
fo l r a v ey long time if r y the ae r bu ri ed deeply.
eds of common eve ning-p rim
r oe s and mul lein
have been known to remain via be af l t e r
70 y es in soil.
Archeologist found mus a r tard seeds in
a pyramid that w
1000 of yea ere rs old when they pl ant ed
them they grew.
Some seeds lie dormant, although they are in moist soil, until they are expo
sed to light. Certain weed seeds never g ermi na te deep below the soil surface, but grow quickly aft er they are brought to the surface when the soil is
in a non-do rm ant
s t ae af t t e r h ave r st c an be
pu sh ed
in to a do rm ant s t ae. Upon e t xp osu re to unfavo ra bly
w a rm and
moi st conditions,
some v aieties
of r let tuce
become do rm ant,
al though y the ae capa r be of l g e r mi n ating
un d e r favo ra be l conditions.
It is as though i the r g row th p roce ses s recoi ld, o e r
went in to
rev e r se,
face of a si the tu ation
would be unfavo ra be fo l r
p the ln a ts develop ed f rom th oe
s se eds.
2 Cor. 9:6-8 6 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully[a] will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
2 Chronicles 31:10 - 10 Azariah the chief priest, who was of the house of Zadok, answered him, “Since they began to bring the contributions into the house of the Lord, we have eaten and had enough and have plenty left, for the Lord has blessed his people, so that we have this large amount left.”
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Pericope: Luke 13:6-9 6 And he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. 7 And he said to the vinedresser, ‘Look, for three years now I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and I find none. Cut it down. Why should it use up the ground?’ 8 And he answered him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and put on manure. 9 Then if it should bear fruit next year, well and good; but if not, you can cut it down.’”
Sermon Text: Luke 13:7 And he said to the vinedresser, ‘Look, for three years now I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and I find none. Cut it down. Why should it use up the ground?’
Sermon Title: Life + Passion = Success Part 5: Seeds For My Best Life
Point 1: Every seed deserves a second chance Vs. 8a - And he answered him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also,
Point 2: Fruit seeds needs fertilizer Vs 8b - until I dig around it and put on manure.
Point 3: Seeds need the right soil
Point 4: What you sow you will reap Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
Jan Lawson - testimony Time:
Cheri Piolet Testimony - Living my Best Life Praise Report!!! I just wanted to take a moment and share that GOD is out here leaving drop the mic blessings! This year I decided to stop playing games and be obedient with my tithes and offering by paying them on time and the correct amount. Not only have I paid them on time, I have actually started giving more in offering as well. I got tired of complaining about my finances, so I decided to take the financial peace university class. Upon completion of the class, I paid my car off early (so now I no longer have a car note) and I paid off 6 bills from my credit report! But wait, there's more! I am prior Air Force. I have been trying to get a job out at Scott AFB for 13 years. Well on Thursday May 23rd I had an interview! Friday May 31st I received the tentative offer and today I got my start date! I am excited to say that I am the new Secretary for Air Mobility Command and my first day will be 6/23rd!!!! Not only is it a promotion, but it is a 6 minute drive to work!!! I have been through a lot over the past 3 years, but GOD told me it would be all worth the wait! The exciting thing is, GOD said he's not done yet!!! I hope that this can encourage others not to give up. Just keep fighting. Even though it may feel like it, GOD has not forgotten about you!
Point 1: Declare it
· Matthew 6:31-32 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.
· Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
· Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
· John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.
Point 2: Stand on it
· Colossians 1:10 So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.
· Jeremiah 17:7-8 ESV “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
· James 4:7 ESV Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
· Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”
Point 3: Claim it
· Proverbs 3:9-10 - Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine.
· Hebrews 11:1 ESV Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
· Jeremiah 29:11 ESV For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
o King James - 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
o The Message - 10-11 This is God’s Word on the subject: “As soon as Babylon’s seventy years are up and not a day before, I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
· Matthew 7:7 ESV “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
· Deuteronomy 8:18 ESV You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
· Deuteronomy 28:1-3 “And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God. Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the field.
· Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Review: Cloud leading, Cloud lifting, Cloud filled. Time to come be in the cloud in the crowd Pericope: Exodus 40: 34-38 34 T...