Sunday, March 5, 2017

iWorship - But Naked!

Sermon Text: Genesis 3: 11 …Who told you that you were naked; so I hid.

Sermon Title: iWorship—But Naked!

Point 1: Recognize where you are Genesis 2: 8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and their he put the man he had formed
Genesis 28: 10 – 18
Vs. 20  then he made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear (21) so that I return safely to my father’s house, then the Lord will be my God and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, (22) and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”

Point 2: Recognize what Satan is trying to do to your worship vs 1 …did God really say you must not say, “You must not eat from any tree in the garden?”
·       Deception [vs 4 you will not surely die]
·       Distraction [from the main thing]
·       Destruction [of your relationship with God]
·       Genesis 2: 25 The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame. To Genesis 3: 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves. Vs 11 …Who told you that you were naked…


Point 3: Run to worship God any how vs. 8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
·       Create an atmosphere of worship
·       Conviction comes
·       Conversion happens
·       Covers you

Life Application:
1.  Whatever is conflicting you about worshipping God confess it
2.  Determine I will be consistent in my public worship between now and Easter
3.  Decide now you are going to live a lifestyle of worship [obedience]

4.  Watch video on worship

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...