Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Redemption Revealed: I am Redeemable!


Sermon Text: Ephesians 1: 7In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.
Sermon Title: Redemption Revealed: I am Redeemable!
Point 1: Wealthy! Sunday we said God is wealthy in grace! Tonight we say: God’s grace has no limits Phil 4: 19 my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory. 1 Timothy 1: 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out upon me abundantly… 2 Cor. 12: 9 “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
Point 2: Worthless To be worthless does not mean you are worthless. I couldn’t pay for myself but I am worth every penny to God. Romans 4: 16 Therefore the promises come by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all… 9: 16 It does not depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy, Titus 3: 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit
Point 3: Worthy God deserves our praise. vs. 3 Praise be to God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. God deserves our praise. Are you stuff rich and spiritual blessings poor? What Paul means in the text is we receive something tangible from God through the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5: 22 the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control.
Point 4: Workmanship I am a piece of work. I am a work of art. Ephesians 2: 10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Jesus Christ to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Conclusion:
·       Remember when I feel worthless I am priceless
·       Remind others the price paid for our sins
·       Register for a ministry in the foyer
·       Request someone to come to church Holy Week to hear the gospel…they are redeemable and priceless 



NewLife Website: www.nlicic.org
My Facebook: www.facebook.com/bishopdudley
NewLife's Facebook: www.facebook.com/NLCLifeChangers
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/bishopgvd
NewLife's Twitter: www.twitter.com/NewLifenChrist
Streaming site : www.nlicic.org/live

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...