Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WWJD: With My Job


Sermon Text: Colossians 3: 23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
Sermon Title: WWJD: With My Job
Introduction: WHAT IF YOU WENT TO WORK EVERYDAY AS IF GOD WAS GOING TO PAY YOU!
Point 1: Work all dayJohn 9: 4 AS long as it is day; we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.
Exodus 20: 9 goes to work 6 days out of seven. Why does God want you to work? Because God worked. Gen 1: 1 IN the beginning God created…Gen 2: 2 By the seventh day he had finished his work. John 5: 17 Jesus said, My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too, am working.” Most people don’t die from hard work they die from doing nothing. Work is connected to our spiritual, financial and physical growth. Luke 11: 24 – 26 “When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, I will return to the house I left. When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order.
Point 2: Work without entanglement 2 Tim 2: 4 No one who is a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs—he wants to please his commanding officer. Paul tells Timothy he should be like a soldier in his labor.
Point 3: Work with your eyes on your work Matt 20: 13 – 15 But he answered one of them, Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? (14) Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you. (15) Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?”
Point 4: Work knowing what’s for you is for you John 21: 22 – 23 When Peter saw him, he asked, Lord, what about him?” (22) Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.”
this Psalm 75: 6 promotions do not come from east, south or neither west nor man, they come from the Lord.
Point 5: Work like you hungry 2 Thes 3: 8 nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. (9) We did this not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow, (10) For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule; “If a man will not work, he shall not eat.”
Prov 10: 4 – 5  says, Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. He who gathers crops in summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son. 33 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: 34 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.
Conclusion: Colossians 3: 23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. 1 Corinthians 15: 58…your labor will not be in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...