Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Goshen Faith

Point 1:  Difference – vs. 22 - 22 " 'But on that day I will deal differently with the land of Goshen, where my people live; no swarms of flies will be there, so that you will know that I, the LORD, am in this land.
The first thing that God told Israel.  Galatians 6:9 say Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Point 2:  Distinction – vs. 23 I will make a distinction between my people and your people. This miraculous sign will occur tomorrow.' "
.  
Point 3:  Defend – Ex. 9:7, 26 7 Pharaoh sent men to investigate and found that not even one of the animals of the Israelites had died. Yet his heart was unyielding and he would not let the people go.... 26 The only place it did not hail was the land of Goshen, where the Israelites were.;
11:7- 7 But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any man or animal.' Then you will know that the LORD makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel.
12:13- 13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.
15:26 - 26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."
.  Psalm 61:3 - For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.
Proverbs 18:10 - The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
Point 4:  Determined – Gen. 45:10, 11; 46:34; 47:4 10 You shall live in the region of Goshen and be near me—you, your children and grandchildren, your flocks and herds, and all you have. 11 I will provide for you there, because five years of famine are still to come. Otherwise you and your household and all who belong to you will become destitute.'
34 you should answer, 'Your servants have tended livestock from our boyhood on, just as our fathers did.' Then you will be allowed to settle in the region of Goshen, for all shepherds are detestable to the Egyptians."
4 They also said to him, "We have come to live here awhile, because the famine is severe in Canaan and your servants' flocks have no pasture. So now, please let your servants settle in Goshen."

Point 5:  Dwell – vs. 22 – a...where my parents live...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...