Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Pick Your Promise

Page | 4

Sermon Text: Hebrews 10: 23 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
Sermon Title: Passionate about His Promises: Pt 5 Pick your Promise
BP: Move the hearers to passionately hold onto Gods Promises
Point 1God’s word [Promises] is everlasting Mathew 24:35
35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. Isaiah 40:8 8The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.”
Point 2God’s word [Promises] is operational…Hebrews 4:12 12For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Point 3. God’s word [Promises] is functionalMatthew 8:8 8The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed
Point 4: God’s Promises raises your Profile.  Numbers 22: 2-4 CEV When King Balak of Moab and his people heard how many Israelites there were and what they had done to the Amorites, he and the Moabites were terrified and panicked. 4 They said to the Midianite leaders, “That bunch of Israelites will wipe out everything in sight…
Point 5: God’s promises can be activated in the right place. Numbers 22: 5 5 sent messengers to summon Balaam son of Beor, who was at Pethor, near the Euphrates River, in his native land.
Point 6: God’s promises are permanent.  Numbers 23: 19 NLT 20 God is not a man, so he does not lie.  He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through? 20 Listen, I received a command to bless; God has blessed, and I cannot reverse it!
NLT Understand, therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands.
Point 7: God promises us his presenceHebrews 13: 5 5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
Point 8: God promised us his provisionPhil 4: 19 19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
Point 9: God promised us purpose.Jeremiah 29:11 1 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Point 10: God promised us His powerActs 1: 88 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Point 11: God promised us his protectionPsalm 231 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Point 12God promised us his peacePhil 4: 6-7 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Point 13: God promised us he would pardonus. Romans 10:9 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Point 14: God promised us ProsperityJohn 10:10 (NLT) 10The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
Point 15: God promised us Forgiveness.  1 John 1:9 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
Conclusion: Because God’s word is true and dependable we can be passionate about it…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...