Sunday, May 20, 2018

Daily!


Pericope:  Exodus 16:1-10
Sermon Text:  Exodus 16:4, 16 Then the Lord said to Moses, “I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions. 16 This is what the Lord has commanded: ‘Everyone is to gather as much as they need. Take an omer for each person you have in your tent.’”
Sermon Title: Daily!
Point 1:  Daily Dependence Exodus 16:4 - Then the Lord said to Moses, “I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions.
Staying in the moment means:
a)  Stop worrying about tomorrow
a.  Matthew 6:25 do not worry about your life
b.  Matthew 6:28 and why do you worry… 31 so do not worry… what shell you eat, drink, wear… 34 do not worry about… tomorrow will worry about itself
b)  Putting your stock in God and not your storage
a.  Luke 12:18 - “Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain.
Verse 20 - However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them.
God insisted on them staying in the moment.  Stay in the moment. 
Point 2:  Daily Deliverance Exodus 16: 2,7,8,9,11 2 In the desert the whole community grumbled against Moses and Aaron. 7  …grumble against us?” 8 he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we? You are not grumbling against us, but against the Lord.” 9 the entire Israelite community, ‘Come before the Lord, for he has heard your grumbling.’” 12…I have heard the grumbling
Point 3:  Daily Desires Exodus 16:16..gather as much as he needs…21 as much as he (they) needed…24 it did not stink or get maggots…
·       He will do exceedingly abundantly more Ephesians 3:20
·       Delight yourself in him and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Ps. 37:4
·       My God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory -  Phil 4:19
·       You will eat the fat of the land; Isaiah 1:19 - If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land
Point 4:  Daily Determination Vs4 MSG in this way  - God said to Moses,. I’m going to test them to see if they’ll live according to my Teaching….  I will test them you and see whether they follow my instructions
Conclusion: if you are gathering stuff you will never gather enough. If you are in lack, God's grace will meet your need. What God is trying to drive home to you is daily depend on him daily… praise stay in the moment. God is good God's is great… let us thank him for our food By His hands we are fed Give us Lord our DAILY BREAD Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...