Wednesday, September 7, 2016

R U a Show Off?

Pericope: John 7: 1 – 9

Sermon Text: John 7: 6 Jesus said to them my time has not yet come, but your time is always here

Sermon Title: Are You a Show-off?

Point 1: Show off your faith James 2: 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works is dead. (18) But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works, “Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works

Point 2: Show off your focus on the things of God James 4: 4…Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore, whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Point 3: Show off your fidelity to Jesus 1 Peter 1: 15 but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct (16) …you shall be holy for I am holy
Deuteronomy 6: 5 You shall love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.


Conclusion: If you are not a show-off, you should be. Jesus needs show-offs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...