Saturday, February 14, 2015

Fire Cell Pt 2 - The Rise of Passion

Sermon Text: Jeremiah 20: 9 But if I say, “I will not mention him or speak any more in his name,” his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
Sermon Title: Fire Cell Pt 2: The Rise of Passion
Point 1: God doesn’t play fair with passion vs. 7 O Lord, you deceived me, and I was deceived; you overpowered me and prevailed.
Point 2: Get acquainted with your passion vs 9 But if I say, I will not mention him or speak any more in his name,” his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it, indeed, I cannot.
In fact there are five things that will dig up your passions:
1)  Being alone
2)  When you have nothing to do
3)  When you are under pressure
4)  When what you believe is important has been taken from you
5)  Pain
Point 3: Passion pushes you into your destiny vs. 9b…I am weary of holding it, indeed, I cannot.
Jeremiah 1: 6 – 9, 17. 6 “Alas, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.” 7 But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.9 Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth. 17 “Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them..
Now look at 19: 14 – 18 - 14 Jeremiah then returned from Topheth, where the Lord had sent him to prophesy, and stood in the court of the Lord’s temple and said to all the people, 15 “This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: ‘Listen! I am going to bring on this city and all the villages around it every disaster I pronounced against them, because they were stiff-necked and would not listen to my words.’”
Point 4: Don’t let people separate you from your passion or the glory of it vs. 1 – 3 When the priest Pashur son of Immer, the chief officer in the temple of the Lord, heard Jeremiah prophesying these things, he had Jeremiah the prophet beaten and put in the stocks at the Upper Gate of Benjamin at the Lords temple.
Life Application:
1)  Determine your destiny
2)  Change if it isn’t Jesus and doing his will

3)  If it is burn brighter for him 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...