Sunday, January 12, 2020

5 laws of vision

Page | 3

PericopeGen. 12:1-3 - Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. 2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
Sermon TextGen. 12: 2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
Sermon Title2020 Vision for Living Pt 2: 5 Laws of Vision
BP: Move the hearers to enlarge their view of God.
Review: 
Pont 1: Everybody got a vision. Ezekiel 12:22 22 
Point 2: Write your vision – Hab. 2:2-3 
      a. What is the why behind your vision?
b. What is your walk with God like?
       c. How do you plan on paying for it?
       d. What role will your family play?
e. What role with the church play?
Point 3: Declare it over your life
Write It
Speak It
Live It
Do You See What God Sees?
Point 1: Don’t let age or time clutter your visionVs 4
Point 2: Recalibrate your relationships. Vs 1, 4-5
Point 3: Build a better relationship with God! Vs 7-8
Law 1: Vision is from general to specific
Genesis 12:2-3 2 And I will make you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
15:4-5a And behold, the word of the Lord came to him 5 And he brought him outside and said, “Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them
17:6-7  (6) I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make you into nations, and kings shall come from you. 7 And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your offspring after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant
21:2 - 2 And Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age at the time of which God had spoken to him.
• God works in reverse order
• God gives high level and requires faith as details emerge
• The more details we get the more we want
Law 2: Default thinking diminishes your chance for success.  
Gen 18: 12 So Sarah laughed to herself, saying, “After I am worn out, and my lord is old, shall I have pleasure?”
• Think small remain small
• Horizon determines the view
• Exposure expels
• Design your life don’t live it by default
• Only about 5% of people living the way they want at age 65
Law 3: The distance between distractionand realization is; disturbancedelaydisruption and detours
Gen. 12: 10 Now there was a famine in the land. So Abram went down to Egypt to sojourn there
13: 7 and there was strife between the herdsmen of Abram's livestock and the herdsmen of Lot's livestock
14: 17 After his return from the defeat of Chedorlaomer 
16:1-2 NLT 1Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had not been able to bear children for him... 2So Sarai said to Abram, “The LORD has prevented me from having children. Go and sleep with my servant. Perhaps I can have children through her.”
• Choose your attitude it will determine your altitude
• Take responsibility for your response to what happen
• Life is 10% what happen and 90% of how you react to it
• Only 20% of the bad you think really happens
• Playing the victim and carrying out your vision is a contradiction
Law 4: Vision is growing from the comfortable to the uncomfortableGen 18:22-23  (22) So the men turned from there and went toward Sodom, but Abraham still stood before the Lord. (23)Then Abraham drew near and said, “Will you indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked?
• Growing is leaving what is comfortable
• Change requires a funeral and a birthday party
• Growth never stops it requires direction
Ears don’t stop growing
Waistlines don’t stop growing
• Stability can be a synonym for stagnation
Law 5: The size of your vision is equal to the size of your GodGen. 12: 2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
• Don’t shrink your vision to what you make but to who made you
• Shrinking your vision for living to what you live off instead of who you are living for

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...