Wednesday, October 3, 2018

The Beginning of Greater


Sermon Text: Genesis 3:10 10 And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.”
Sermon Title: The Beginning of Greater
Point 1: Sin always requires cover. Adam tried to hide his sin. Genesis 3:6 6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate.
        1a:  God was looking for Adam not fig leaves “Adam where are you”
Point 2: You can’t cover perfection. Garden Eden was perfect, Adam and Eve w/Out want. Genesis 3: 7 7Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths.  
        2a: Adam sought refuge behind something lesser, dead, incapable Genesis 3: 7 7Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths.
Point 3: God provided temporary and permanent cover. Animal skins then Jesus. Genesis 3:15 15 I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring;
he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”      
        3a: Fear turned into fig leaves
Conclusion:  You were made for greater stop covering it up.  Stop stitching it up. Start standing in your greatness. Stop looking for acceptance.  Stop trying to improve upon perfection.  Release the Greater in you through Jesus Christ.  I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens me. Phil 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...