Saturday, July 14, 2018

Do You Have the Time?


Sermon Text:  Eccl 3:1 - 1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
Do You Have the Time?
Point 1:  Life’s Clock is set on Purpose. 
1.    There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.  Solomon is simply saying time and seasons dictate our lives and if life did not have sequence, four seasons, time of day, which starts with day and ends with night; our lives would be chaotic. 
Gen. 1: 2-3 - Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
Right after God destroyed the earth one of the first things God did was re-establish time, order, sequence, seasons
Gen. 8: 22 "As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest,      cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease."
Isaiah 46:10  I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.
MESSAGE - From the very beginning telling you what the ending will be, All along letting you in on what is going to happen, Assuring you, 'I'm in this for the long haul, I'll do exactly what I set out to do,'
Point 2:  Life’s clock is set on enjoyment.  Vs. 12-13 - 12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God.
Contrary to popular belief God wants us to live an enjoyable life. 
·       3 John 2 – (2) Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
o   Message - and I pray for good fortune in everything you do, and for your good health—that your everyday affairs prosper, as well as your soul!
·       Jer. 29:11 - 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
o   Message - I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
·       Josh 1:8 - 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
o   Message - And don't for a minute let this Book of The Revelation be out of mind. Ponder and meditate on it day and night, making sure you practice everything written in it. Then you'll get where you're going; then you'll succeed.
Prov. 10:22 - 22 The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and he adds no trouble [sorrow] to it.
At times life seems to be 1) out of balance, 2) out of control, 3) painful and anything but enjoyable. 
Haggai 1:5-6 - 5 Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. 6 You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it."
Point 3:  Life’s Clock is set on eternityvs. 11, 14 - 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
Ps. 139:16 - 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
MESSAGE - Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;  all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared  before I'd even lived one day.
Jeremiah 1: 5"Before I shaped you in the womb, I knew all about you.  Before you saw the light of day, I had holy plans for you:
A prophet to the nations— that's what I had in mind for you."
1.  Are you really enjoying life?  Circle Yes or No
2.  Do you know your purpose in life?  Circle Yes or No
3.  Do you know where you will spend eternity?  Circle Yes or No

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...