Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Familyish Part 3 Better Family Life - Irrevocable Blessing


Pericope: Genesis 27: 30-39
Sermon Text: Genesis 27:33 33 Isaac trembled violently and said, “Who was it, then, that hunted game and brought it to me? I ate it just before you came and I blessed him—and indeed he will be blessed!”
Sermon Title: “Familyish” Part 3 Better Family Life Irrevocable Blessing!
Point 1: Blessings are permanently put in place. Gen 25: 23 23 The Lord said to her, “Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger.”
        
  Character, Coercion, nor Conduct can ease the permanent ink of God’s blessings.
-       Character
-       Coercion
-       Conduct
Point 2: Blessings are Gods perogative. Gen 27:27(a) 27 So he went to him and kissed him… he blessed him and said…
We have no input to Gods decision.
-       Stop looking at others blessings
-       Start looking at your blessings

Point 3: Blessings are personally assigned. Gen 49: 28 28 All these are the twelve tribes of Israel, and this is what their father said to them when he blessed them, giving each the blessing appropriate to him.
No one can fit it and no one can take it.
-       Definition for appropriate
-       Is suitable…Tailor made…
Point 4: Blessings are activated by you.  Matt 25: 24-29 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents.

Now walk in them.
-       Believe in your blessings
-       Receive your blessings
Life Application
1. Discover your family and individual blessing.
2. Develop your family and individual blessing.
3. Deploy your family and individual blessing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...