Sunday, August 13, 2017

Power Surge Pt 3: Will Power



Sermon Text: Ephesians 1: 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength,

Sermon Title: Power Surge Pt 3: Will Power

Timothy 1: 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power…God willed us power. In other words, it’s in word which is his last will and testament. We have to receive it so we can live powerful lives.

Paul said as much to the church at Ephesus. Paul says this in his outside voice…EPHESIANS GODS POWER IS INCOMPREHENSIABLE AND HE WANTS YOU TO HAVE IT.

Point 1: Power over pain


Ephesians 1: 7


Psalms 34: 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous but God will deliver them out of them all

Point 2: Power over the past

Phil 3: 13(b) Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead (14) I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus

God knows my every move we have made and will make

· PSA 24:1 The earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains, The world, and those who dwell in it.
· JER 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."
· PSA 139:13 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb.
· We see in the book of Jonah that Jonah tried to hide from God, but God knew where he was.
· PSA 69:5 O God, it is You who knows my folly, And my wrongs are not hidden from You.
But he still wants you to have his power so you can overcome the bad moves you made in your past.

Point 3: Power over his promises 2 Corinthians 1: 20 For all the promises of God in him are yea and Amen Heb. 6: 12 …faith and patience inherit the promise 2 Peter 3: 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance

Life Application:
1. Stop wrestling with God for the controls over your life

2. Accept the fact he has the power to change you

3. Accept the fact God has already written you and I in his will

Come to the reading of the will…he is have given you power to live. Recharge your batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...