Wednesday, August 27, 2014

All into Prayer: I Need An Answer Pt. 2

Sermon Text: Luke 18: 1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Sermon Title: All into Prayer: I Need An Answer Pt. 2
Point 1: Promise Keeper
a.  A.S.K. Matt 7: 7 - 11 ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
b.  Confidence 1 John 5: 14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
c.  Receive Matt 21: 22 And all things, whatever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive
d.  Abiding  John 15: 7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you
e.  Call Him Jeremiah 33: 3 Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things which you do not know
f.    Sin…
Point 2: Delay Develops…
a.  25 years…Genesis 18: 13 The Lord said to Abraham, Why did Sarah laugh and say, "Will I really have a child, now that I am old?"
b.  400 plus years…Exodus 3: 7 The Lord said, "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering.
c.  18 years…Luke 13: 11 And behold, there was a woman who had had a disabling spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not fully straighten herself.
d.  Since birth…John 9: 1 As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth.
Point 3: Promise Hearer…
a.  His…
b.  Doors…
c.   Unction
d.  Yes…
e.  No…
f.    Wait…

Conclusion:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...