Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Greater is Coming! Part 1



Text:  Isaiah 46:10 - I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.  I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’
·      Vs. 6 - 6 Some pour out gold from their bags and weigh out silver on the scales; they hire a goldsmith to make it into a god,    and they bow down and worship it.
·      Vs. 7  They lift it to their shoulders and carry it; they set it up in its place, and there it stands. From that spot it cannot move.  Even though someone cries out to it, it cannot answer; it cannot save them from their troubles.
·      Vs 8 “Remember this, keep it in mind,  take it to heart, you rebels.
·      Vs 10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.  I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’
1.   Accept God is cheering for you.
a.   Jeremiah 29:11 - 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.



2.   If He is cheering for you, then your current situation is a test
a.   Ps 7:9 - 9 Bring to an end the violence of the wicked    and make the righteous secure— you, the righteous God who probes minds and hearts.
b.   Psalms 17:3 - 3 Though you probe my heart, though you examine me at night and test me, you will find that I have planned no evil; my mouth has not transgressed.
c.    Psalms 26:2 - 2 Test me, LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind;
d.   Psalms 139:23-24 - 23 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.



3.   Regular programming will resume with a test. 
a.   1 Cor. 10:13 - No temptation[a] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[b] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[c] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
4.   The test is one of three truths
a.   Inward Poverty - The test reveals you have increasingly responded poorly and have failed to act obediently.
b.   Inward Plateau -The test reveals you have not matured, but have become stagnant in your growth.
c.    Inward Progress - The test reveals you have grown and have responded better than ever.
5.   God’s got your back
a.   Isaiah 46:10-13 - 10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’ 11 From the east I summon a bird of prey;    from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.  What I have said, that I will bring about; what I have planned, that I will do.  12 Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted, you who are now far from my righteousness. 13 I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed.   I will grant salvation to Zion, my splendor to Israel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...