Sunday, September 1, 2013

Week One - 21- Day Fast Prayer & Scriptures

Week One:  Sunday, September 1st—Saturday, September 7th
PERSONAL HOLINESS & WHOLENESS WEEK 
2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  

Fast Options:  One Meal a day before 6am/after 6pm  w/ Liquids only between 6a-6p
OR  No sweets, no breads all day 

Prayer Focus for the week:  Dear Lord,
Help me to start the things I've wanted to start and stop the things I've wanted to stop!
For example, "I've wanted to pray more, read my bible more, attend church more, speak words of life, tithe more, have devotion with my family, have more faith, etc."
I've wanted to stop watching so much TV, listening to music that does not glorify you that contaminates my spirit man, yielding to temptation, lusting, gossiping, etc.  With your strength and power I know I can do it!  In Jesus Name! Amen

Monday 2nd       
Galatians 6:7-8 (NLT)  7 Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. 8 Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.

Tuesday 3rd        
Galatians 5:24-26 - 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.

Wednesday  4th  
James 1:26-27 THE MESSAGE - Anyone who sets himself up as “religious” by talking a good game is self-deceived. This kind of religion is hot air and only hot air. Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father, is this: Reach out to the homeless and loveless in their plight, and guard against corruption from the godless world.

Thursday 5th       
Ephesians 6:13 The Message (MSG) 13-18 Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.

Friday 6th            
Ephesians 4:31-32 The Message 31-32 Make a clean break with all cutting, backbiting, profane talk. Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you.

Saturday 7th       

Philippians 4:8-9 NLT 8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...