Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Don’t Take This Lying Down



Sermon Title: Don’t Take This Lying Down
Sermon Text: 1 Samuel 30: 6-8 6 David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the Lord his God.
7 Then David said to Abiathar the priest, the son of Ahimelek, “Bring me the ephod. ” Abiathar brought it to him, 8 and David inquired of the Lord, “Shall I pursue this raiding party? Will I overtake them?”
“Pursue them,” he answered. “You will certainly overtake them and succeed in the rescue. ”

Point 1: Don’t Let Defeat, Defeat You vs. David was greatly distressed…
Point 2: Depend on God vs. 6b But David found strength in the Lord his God.
Point 3: Determine Your Next Move vs. 7, 8 Then David said to Abiathar…”Bring me the ephod…”and David inquired of the Lord, Shall I pursue this raiding party? Will I overtake them?”
Point 4: Defeat What Defeated You vs. 8b “Pursue them,” he answered. “You will certainly overtake them and succeed in the rescue.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...