Sunday, April 26, 2020

Whipping Weary

Pericope2 Cor 11: 25-27 25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stonesthree times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from banditsin danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. 27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been coldand naked.
Sermon Text: 2 Cor 11: 26 26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers.
Sermon TitleWhipping Weary
2 Cor 11: 27-29 27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I do not feel weak?...
Point 1: Recognize and call weary out.  2 Cor 12: 10 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weakthen I am strong.
Point 2: Trade weary in for God’s grace.   2 Cor 12: 9 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness…” 
Point 3: Acknowledge your own strength2 Cor 12: 11 11…for I am not in the least inferior to the “super-apostles,”… 
Point 4: Receive the Reward after weary is defeated. Gal 6: 9   9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Life Application:
1: Don’t give up, don’t give in don’t give out
2: Weary isn’t weakness, its humanity in search of your spirit man
3: There is no change without a challenge, no advancement without adversary, no strength without struggle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...