Sunday, August 9, 2015

Perfect Finish - 11am Service

Pericope: Psalm 139: 13 – 16
Sermon Text: Psalm 139: 13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Sermon Title: Perfect Finish
Point 1: I’m Always on His mind vss. 1 – 5 O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O lord. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
Point 2: God wants me vss. 7 – 12 - Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.
Point 3: God uniquely made me vss. 13 – 16 - 3 For you created my inmost being;    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,    I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Ephesians 2: 10 said he already prepared my job/assignment before I got here. That's why the prophet Isaiah 46: 10 said he knows the end from the begging
Point 4: God tells me to come out with my hands up vss. 23 – 24 - Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Life Application:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Come again soon!

Virtual Family Sunday Questions

What ways can we create community as a family? How has our viewership/church attendance enhanced or diminished our family covenant? What way...